9.27.2012

Dog Food Taste Test


I tested Bil-Jac, Rachel Ray and Beneful dry dog foods and the winner is....




I'll get to that in a second. Why did I do this test? Any dog lover knows that when you notice your four-legged best friend not eating much into the second day, you begin to wonder if she's sick or fighting another ailment. 

I admit that for the past few months I have been experimenting with different dog foods. I wanted Missy to eat better food without breaking our bank account. 





She liked Beneful in the past but I wanted her to have a more natural food. I tried the frozen Bil-Jac mixed in with whatever cheaper brand I had and Missy liked that. Then I moved to all Bil-Jac dry & frozen but the result was, well.... lots of trips outside! 





So I pulled back on the Bil-Jac and added in Rachel Ray.  On the next trip to the grocery store I picked up Beneful which Missy had always liked in the past. I mixed all three together in her food bin and that's when the food sat untouched.





She was clearly done with my neurotic combinations and was protesting by only taking nibbles when she was famished. 

Enter my bright idea for a doggy taste test!



She sniffed, she went back and forth.....





...without much hesitation ate all the of the Bil-Jac food! 
She never took one nibble from the others. I have to say I was 
really amazed that it was such a blowout! 
(sorry Rach!)

My quest for the right food is done! Your pooch may like the others which is perfectly fine, I'm just glad to finally settle on one dog food! Do you think she knows which food is more healthy?

Have you ever done a test with your dog or cat? What crazy things have you done to find the best dog or cat food? 

This test was just for fun, purely on my own and absent of any communications or compensation with Bil-Jac. However, if they want to use this information and photos of dear Missy, I am open to obscene amounts of compensation!


post signature

7 comments:

Mommys Juice said...

That's actually a really good idea. Although I have a lab who will eat absolutely ANYTHING put in front of him!

Nan ~ Playful Decor said...

Hey MJ, that's exactly what I thought too that she'll eat anything! Now I know what she REALLY prefers! Thanks for stopping by!

ReviewsSheROTE Pamela R said...

I've never done a test like that...but I have one cat who WILL eat anything, the other is more picky --if I switch food and pickey doen't eat it I've got the other one to eat it.

Gina Baker said...

It seems like my dog will eat most anything... so I am not sure that a taste test would cut it for us. :) What does it for me is not probalems on the other end, that = good food. :)

Life by Cynthia said...

I don't have a dog, but I love your idea of a taste test!

CrazyNutsMom said...

Good idea.Sometimes the petstore has samples too. My hubby has been trying to find a brand the dog likes, he keeps changing it and she keeps starving herself as well.

We put a can of wet dog food in it to get her to eat or mix an egg (whipped) and mixed into her dog food as well.

Nexlegacy Performance Institute said...

I don't have a dog but my MIL does and she's trying out new food because she has a pickie eater I think this will help her

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...